Caprese Salad with Speciality Isle of Wight Tomatoes
This summer dish requires the best ingredients to really do it justice. The caprese salad is a classic that we love because of the balance of flavour and very little time taken to assemble! We hope you enjoy!
5 minutes - Serves 2
- 500g of Isle of Wight Speciality Tomatoes
- Freshly ground black pepper and sea salt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (we recommend Omed Arbequina oil)
- A handful of basil leaves
- 1 tsp good red wine vinegar
- 2 oz fresh mozzarella (preferably buffalo)
Slice or chop your Isle of Wight Tomatoes and display evenly across your plate.
Tear the mozzarella cheese by hand and spread across the plate.
Scatter torn basil leaves over the top of the cheese.
Add oil, vinegar, salt & pepper to a bowl and whisk briefly with a fork.
Finish the dish with your vinaigrette & serve.